Things to Do in Ft. Lauderdale Beach
Fort Lauderdale Attractions
From sparkling Fort Lauderdale Beach to first-class restaurants and shops at Beach Place, Fort Lauderdale offers something fun and exciting for everyone. Take a walk down The Riverwalk and enjoy the beautiful Florida sunshine, visit Butterfly World and walk among vibrantly colorful butterflies, go fishing on Anglin’s Fishing Pier or spend the day exploring nature at Hugh Tayler Birch State Park. Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort is located right on the beach just minutes from these local attractions and many more.
Water Cruises, Tours & More
Get to know Ft. Lauderdale by taking a tour – whether by land or sea. Travel by water on the Riverwalk Water Trolley or Water Taxi, two scenic options that quickly transport you numerous destinations along the New River and Intracoastal Waterway.
You can also enjoy a riverfront or Las Olas gondola tour, private airboat ride and tour, Everglades VIP tour or ecoboat tour. There are plenty of ways to explore and learn about our coastal city.
Shopping & Dining:
One of the best parts about vacationing is trying new foods and shopping at unique boutiques and malls. Our Ft. Lauderdale Beach hotel is located close to all the area’s best shopping, dining and entertainment spots, including the Galleria Shopping Mall and Beach Place.
Shops, Restaurants & Entertainment Destinations in Ft. Lauderdale:
- Galleria Shopping Mall: 2.5 miles
- Beach Place - dining, entertainment & shopping center: 4 miles
- Las Olas Boulevard - unique boutiques, numerous restaurants & clubs: 6 miles
- The Riverwalk - restaurants, shops & entertainment: 7 miles
- Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop - bargain shopping: 9.3 miles
- Sawgrass Mills Mall - 250 outlet stores: 18 miles
- Gulfstream Park - shopping, dining & entertainment: 30 miles
Museums & Gardens:
Peruse the historic Bonnet House, walk through the lush and colorful Flamingo Botanical Gardens or discover ancient creatures at the Museum of Discovery and Science – Ft. Lauderdale offers a wealth of cultural activities for you to enjoy during your stay. And our hotel is just a few minutes away from the fun.
Ft. Lauderdale Cultural Attractions:
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens: 2.5 miles
- International Swimming Hall of Fame: 4.4 miles
- Stranahan House: 6.2 miles
- NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale: 6.5 miles
- Museum of Discovery and Science/IMAX® Theatre: 6.7 miles
- Butterfly World: 12.4 miles
- Flamingo Botanical Gardens: 24 miles
Additional Local Attractions near Our Ft. Lauderdale Hotel:
- Anglin’s Fishing Pier: 0.9 mile
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park: 3 miles
- Jungle Queen Dinner Cruise: 3 miles
- Parker Playhouse: 5.1 miles
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Park: 5.6 miles
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts: 6.7 miles
- Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum: 7.7 miles
- Broward County Convention Center: 8.5 miles
- Pompano Harness Racing: 10 miles
- Greyhound Racetrack: 18 miles
- John U. Lloyd Beach State Park: 18 miles
- Sun Life Stadium: 24.7 miles
- BB&T Center (NHL Florida Panthers’ games, concerts & more: 26.2 miles
- South Beach: 38.8 miles
Make the most out of your upcoming trip by enjoying the best Fort Lauderdale has to offer. Our area-savvy, courteous staff is standing by to point you in the right direction and will gladly make recommendations.